Day 341: I'm Baa-aa-ck

I think, perhaps, maybe, I'm back. I could sound a little more positive than that I am sure, but I have a slight distrust of my will power and ability to draw myself away from my current dual procrastinations of Candy Crush Saga and realestate.com. I can say, without a shadow of any doubt (partly depressingly) that, in the physical sense of the word, I am back in Melbourne. I'm back at work—that is where the depression comes in. I'm back with the dual craziness better known as Lollii and Darby—and you can never regret being back amongst puppy-love even if it does include bed-hogging, wet chewed paper, possessiveness and an inability to eat in peace, ever again. But what I most hope to be back to is (at least tri-weekly, that's a good aim) blogging, sharing clothes with Irene and taking photos in interesting spaces despite the lack of daylight.

List_Addict               Irene

If you don't come around often, you may not be aware of where I have been in order to now be trying to get back. Physically I have been in the UK, hiking in installments and giving up hiking; blogspherically I have been here; and psychologically I have been over here. I was reading other people's blogs earlier, and came across a post by Catherine at Not Dressed as Lamb. She was talking about there being no breaks for the Full-Time Blogger. It kicked me in the butt because I am not a full-time blogger. I am a fun-time blogger. And so I have no excuses—no sponsors to please, no lack of secure, alternative income (whether I like what I have to do to get said income being irrelevant), no nothing (which is a double negative that essentially then means 'something', but I had set the sentence up to have three no's and couldn't think of a third). Paradoxically though, as a fun-time blogger, Catherine is saying, by omission, that there are breaks for me and my ilk, and that I shouldn't feel bad for never posting. (I am an interpretive reader, it's my Literary Arts degree speaking through sub-text). But I am preferring to take the message that there isn't the pressure and only the joy, and that should be enough to get me blogging and photographing and playing around with clothes. And house hunting in the hills should provide numerous opportunities for shoots in amazing locations. No excuses. Watch me come up with some.


The Outfit
Dress: Handmade
Sweatshirt: Retail, Beachport Convenience Store
Leggings: Target
Shoes: Blundstones


Photographer de Jour: Moi


Who Wore It Better?



Linky today with:

Join us! Click the Spotlight


Comments

  1. I do like your interpretation of Catherine's post! It's good to take a break, and it's good to see you. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you were gone, but I've been shuffling through different blogs and interests lately. Skimming through Visible Monday I was thrilled to see your brand of anti-fashion. I'm sort of burned out on "fashion" blogs, too, and don't always know what to say. So your style is a breath of fresh air! Very cool. Now, to read about your UK adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! You're back : )

    I hope your walkabout was everything you'd dreamed of. I read bits and pieces.

    Aren't you tired of house hunting yet? ; ) Mind you, it took us about 4 months to find ours.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your feedback and comments. I read them all lovingly and try to respond to as many as I can. At the very least I go over and see where you have come from. Love it!

Popular Posts